Chocolate Strawberry Shortcake Recipe
Strawberry Shortcake Recipe Ingredients
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1/3 cup white sugar
* 1/4 cup cocoa powder
* 1 tablespoon baking powder
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 cup butter
* 1 cup milk
* 2 pints strawberries, sliced
* 1/4 cup white sugar
* 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
* 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
Strawberry Shortcake Recipe Instructions
1. Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease two 9 inch layer pans.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, 1/3 cup sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Cut in butter or margarine until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add milk, mixing until just moistened. Spread batter evenly into two prepared layer pans.
3. Bake at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) for 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool.
4. In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine strawberries and 1/4 cup sugar. Let the mixture stand 10 minutes.
5. Cover the bottom shortcake layer with half of strawberry mixture and half of the whipped topping. Top with second shortcake layer, remaining strawberry mixture and whipped topping. Drizzle with chocolate topping...enjoy the Strawberry Shortcake Recipe..!
Labels: strawberry shortcake recipe