Chocolate Strawberry Shortcake Recipe
Strawberry Shortcake Recipe Ingredients
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1/3 cup white sugar
* 1/4 cup cocoa powder
* 1 tablespoon baking powder
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 cup butter
* 1 cup milk
* 2 pints strawberries, sliced
* 1/4 cup white sugar
* 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
* 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
Strawberry Shortcake Recipe Instructions
1. Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease two 9 inch layer pans.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, 1/3 cup sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Cut in butter or margarine until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add milk, mixing until just moistened. Spread batter evenly into two prepared layer pans.
3. Bake at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) for 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool.
4. In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine strawberries and 1/4 cup sugar. Let the mixture stand 10 minutes.
5. Cover the bottom shortcake layer with half of strawberry mixture and half of the whipped topping. Top with second shortcake layer, remaining strawberry mixture and whipped topping. Drizzle with chocolate topping...enjoy the Strawberry Shortcake Recipe..!
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE 2
A great strawberry shortcake recipe to try !
Strawberry Shortcake Recipe Ingredients:
* 2 cups flour
* 1/4 cup sugar
* 4 teaspoons baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* few grains of nutmeg
* 1 egg, well beaten
* 6 tablespoons cold butter
* 1/3 cup milk
* 4 cups fresh strawberries,
* 3/4 cup brown sugar
* whipped cream
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE RECIPE INSTRUCTIONS
Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg. Sift. Work in butter with pastry blender or fingertips; add egg and milk. Mix just until dough is moist. Turn dough into a buttered and floured 8 or 9-inch round cake pan and pat into shape. Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes in a 400° oven, or until golden brown. Test with a toothpick inserted in the center. If it comes out with dough clinging to it, lower the heat to 350° and bake about 5 more minutes. Remove from the pan and split horizontally with a serrated knife. Butter the cut side of both layers. Put layers together with strawberries and their juice between the layers and on top. Garnish with several whole berries and serve with whipped cream.
To Prepare Strawberries:
Prepare strawberries an hour or two before serving. Rinse, hull, and slice 1 quart of fresh strawberries, leaving 8 to 12 whole for garnishing. Place the sliced berries in a bowl; add 3/4 cup brown sugar and let stand for at least 1 hour at room temperature. The strawberry shortcake recipe is ready...enjoy this nice cake !